very cool people

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

ARE 4.0, fire

Its on.
After 7 years of hardcore procrastination and excuses, I am in the midst of taking my Architecture Registration Exams. I took Programming, Planning and Practice 2 weeks ago, after weeks of studying and example testing. Im not sure if I passed. The Prometric organization must be a suburb of hell, as the mental tricks they play on you during those exams are ruthless. It was the same with the LEED AP exam. Im sure I did fine, but you just leave there with such a sense of confusion.
Next is Site Planning and Design.
Its actually been good to schedule these exams, which my firm is generously paying for. It really makes me study for them, which is something I just dont do voluntarily.

Kicking and screaming, I will be a registered architect.

Whether I simply burn my architecural seal in a ritualistic fire once I receive it, or use it to stamp drawings and move to the next level of being an architect........ remains to be seen.

2 comments:

warfare mom said...

wow....how good that you are finishing what you started...if for no other reason you will feel good about that...however, I sense another annointing (calling) on you at this point in your life....and hey what exactly is the lure of wealth....wealth is nothing more than part of the redemption package.....it was paid for on the cross...and I want it...mom

warfare mom said...

did that sound shallow.....let me clarify...I want it so that I can pass it on and give, give, give to those who have less than me and also to help my wonderful children